Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Word became flesh and dwelt among us...

Today, I began my "chewings". I asked the Lord to show me where I should start. I heard John 1:14 from Him almost immediately.

John 1:14 "The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth." (NIV)

The focus today was on the first part of the passage: The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. I kept this word in front of my eyes, mind and spirit all day.

The Word refers to God, Jesus, the logos word of God, the power of the spoken word of God that created the entire world with a word.

Became flesh of course refers to the incarnation, of Jesus being born into the world as a baby. I meditated on the flesh of his childhood. God is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow, right? He never changes. But in the flesh He grew. Cells were formed, bones grew, all the hormones that create growth and development were in His body on earth. God doesn't grow, but Jesus did here on earth. I'm not sure why this was so startling to me, but it was.

I've known for sometime that the word used for "dwelling" is that same as the word used for "tabernacle" and this is the way in which my meditations were directed. To be the dwelling of God, of His Holiness, of His Fullness. Oh, my! He is in me and I am in Him.

He is among us. Among means "in or through the midst of; surrounded by; in company or association with". He is in us, through us, surrounding us and in our company - today, always, forever.

So I will chew on these thoughts this evening and as I go to sleep tonight!



No comments:

Post a Comment